Training Plan

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Blood Mountain Trip

It seems like a 4th of July tradition for Erin and I to hike Blood Mountain. Blood Mountain is about 90 miles north of Atlanta. Last year we did it and really got a good taste of what balmy heat in GA is all about. We barely made it because we didn’t have enough water or snacks. This year we came prepared with a lot of water and snacks but it ended up being a really cool overcast day. It was a good chance for me to do some training for the Imogene run. We hiked up together then I ran down then back up to meet up with Erin. It was about 4 miles of running and 2.5 miles of hiking. It was a good workout mainly because I haven’t gotten a chance to run down a lot of hills. It worked some muscles that I haven’t really worked out much. I am a little sore today but it was a lot of fun. Erin and I finished the day off with some tubing down the Chestatee River and firework in downtown Decatur with some friends.

-Paul
Photo from the Top of Blood Mountain GA sixth tallest Mountain at 4,458ft

No comments: